Genuino Micro is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega32u4, developed in conjunction with Adafruit. It has 20 digital input/output pins (of which 7 can be used as PWM outputs and 12 as analog inputs), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a micro USB connection, an ICSP header and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a micro USB cable to get started. It has a form factor that enables it to be easily placed on a breadboard.
The Micro is similar to the Leonardo in that the ATmega32u4 has built-in USB communication, eliminating the need for a secondary processor. This allows the Micro to appear to a connected computer as a mouse and keyboard, in addition to a virtual (CDC) serial / COM port. Find more informations about the Genuino Micro here.
What is Genuino? Why don't you sell the Arduino-named boards?
The original Arduino team basically split into two last year due to internal conflicts. The two sides are:
- The arduino.cc team with most of the original members and the community support. They hold the Arduino trademark in the USA. In the rest of the world they are now selling the boards with the Genuino name.
- The arduino.org team that used to be the manufacturing company since the begginning of the Arduino project. They hold the Arduino trademark in the EU.
You can read more about it here, here and here. For Månsteri Store this meant that we had to end our distribution agreement with arduino.org, since we were not comfortable at all in continuing with them. Now we have made a new distibution agreement with the arduino.cc/Genuino team.
- Microcontroller ATmega32u4
- Operating Voltage 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended) 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limit) 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins 20
- PWM Digital I/O Pins 7
- Analog Input Pins 12
- DC Current per I/O Pin 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin 50 mA
- Flash Memory 32 KB
- Flash Memory for Bootloader 4 KB
- SRAM 2.5 KB
- EEPROM 1 KB
- Clock Speed 16 MHz