Genuino Mega 2560 (Revision 3)
The Genuino Mega 2560 is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega2560. It has 54 digital input/output pins (of which 14 can be used as PWM outputs), 16 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with a AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started. The Mega is compatible with most shields designed for the Uno, Duemilanove or Diecimila.
What is Genuino? Why don't you sell the Arduino-named boards?
The original Arduino team basically split into two last year due to internal conflicts. The two sides are:
- The arduino.cc team with most of the original members and the community support. They hold the Arduino trademark in the USA. In the rest of the world they are now selling the boards with the Genuino name.
- The arduino.org team that used to be the manufacturing company since the begginning of the Arduino project. They hold the Arduino trademark in the EU.
You can read more about it here, here and here. For Månsteri Store this meant that we had to end our distribution agreement with arduino.org, since we were not comfortable at all in continuing with them. Now we have made a new distibution agreement with the arduino.cc/Genuino team.
- Microcontroller ATmega2560
- Operating Voltage 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended) 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limit) 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins 54
- PWM Digital I/O Pins 14
- Analog Input Pins 16
- DC Current per I/O Pin 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin 50 mA
- Flash Memory 256 KB
- Flash Memory for Bootloader 8 KB
- SRAM 8 KB
- EEPROM 4 KB
- Clock Speed 16 MHz